Our website was down for a brief time, thank you for your patience. We are back on-line! Also, we are looking forward to a great summer season and getting to see you all again.
The Elk River Recreation District Board came to the decision to cancel the Camper Raffle…. Unfortunately we did not meet our goal of raising enough funds over the last 2 years to purchase the camper outright….
We are offering a full refund in the amount of tickets purchased…. Many have donated a portion or all of the monies back to the Elk River Recreation District.
Tonya has been contacting all who purchased tickets via phone and email…. Some phone numbers and email addresses were no longer valid…….Anyone who has not been contacted or has not yet responded, Please contact or email email@example.com or can contact us through our facebook messenger @Elk River Recreation District.
Thank you for your continued support.
Elk River Recreation District Board and Staff
Upcoming meeting notifications:
Board meetings are the first Wed. of every month @ 9 am at the Rec District Office, Regular Open meeting agenda to follow...
Go to contact Board information link for agenda postings, thank you!
Stage I Fire Restrictions
The following are prohibited on the state and private forestland and rangeland, and on public land, roads, and trails until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire except within a designated recreation site, within a fire structure provided by the administrative agency, or on their own land and only within an owner-provided fire structure (see definition below)
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using fire fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted
- Other exemptions unique to each agency
Violation of the above prohibited acts is punishable by fine of not more that $1,000 and/or imprisonment for not more than 12 months (Title 18 USC 1856, Title 43 USC 1701, Title 43 9212.4, and/or appropriate State laws).
*** Addition of Weekly Rates on all sites.. and Moose Cove, The Point and Lakeside have the availability for Monthly Rates***
CONVENIENT -FAST - EASY- PREPAID ONLINE RESERVATIONS
You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account to use this system, when you get to the how you will pay section the only selection is paypal, when you go to the next screen it will ask you if you have a paypal account or if you want to pay without setting up an account. You are able to pay with your Credit or Debit Card and Reservations can be made simply by clicking on the link below and following the instructions... If you need assistance please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
season is normally May to Oct any year... however if you can camp, you must pay.......
Drop In Reservations are always welcome and will be taken on a first come, first serve basis - those who have prepaid Reservations have priority over Drop Ins - The reservation schedules are hung at each site, if there is a name with date, that means the site is reserved, drop ins must find one that is not reserved.....when making your online reservation, they must be made at least 7 days prior to arrival to avoid "double - bookings"...
You can click on the campsite info page to check out all of our sites (this also tells you what size campers fit in what sites) and use the links from that page or If you already know what you want you can
Click the link below to make your reservations --
Our new office is located at 35133 Dent Bridge Road
Just in front of Whispering Pines RV Park and across from the old mill burner just out of Elk River heading towards Orofino -
Drop in Campers Check in Here -
There is a Drop box for your convenience
Camp rates are $15.00 + tax per night, per site, per camping vessel
Weekly Rate: $90.00 +tax per week (1 free night per week)
Monthly Rate (Moose Cove, The Point and Lakeside ONLY): $300.00 +tax per month (2 free nights per week)
if you can fit two or more campers in one site it is still $15.00 each + tax per night or which ever rate is applicable...
Elk River is known for Year-round - "Family Fun in the BackCountry".....
- Elk River is the trailhead to Hundreds of miles of trails for hiking,cross country skiing, snowmobiling, atv-ing, mushroom & huckleberry picking, hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, resting & relaxing.
- Step Back in Time as you take in the most breathtaking views of the area.
- We have many free natural attractions and outdoor recreation opportunities to entertain you, your family and friends
- Visit Elk Creek Falls, The Giant Cedar Tree, Morris Cedar Grove, Elk River BackCountry Byway, and many community events.
- Fly - in on Elk River's Airstrip and spend the night.
- Our other local business' can accommodate your needs for food, fuel & spirits!
We look forward to seeing you in Elk River!!!!
Elk River Area Attractions
- The Giant Cedar Tree
- Elk Creek Falls
- Morris Cedar Grove
- Elk River BackCountry Byway
- City Park
- Gazebo Park
- Elk Creek Reservoir
- Grandad Bridge
- Dent Bridge
- Click on our Upcoming events link in the left column
General Camp Rules
- These rates are for a "family" setting. Which would be one camper and perhaps a tent for the kids..
- Daily and Weekly rates apply to ALL campsite areas, Monthly rates ONLY apply to Moose Cove, The Point and Lakeside campsite areas.
- We keep our rates low to accommodate a family setting.. If you wish to add more campers, tents, etc... we can accommodate this, however, you may not put, for example, four couples, families, etc on one site for the low rate, even if there is enough room....so you will be charged for any additional rigs,campers, tents. The Camp Hosts will collect these fees when they do their rounds.
- One camper Or One tent are allowed in each site ( kids tent will be at the discretion of the camp hosts. Additional campers or tents will be charged an additional $15 per night per site or whatever rate applies.
- If you are wanting to book several sites in one area, you will have to book them individually. (click on each site) and check out.
- Reservation Policy: Please book online reservations at least 7 days prior to arrival. You can just drop in, if you decide at the last minute you want to come camping..... We will always have a space for you if you drive up and park is totally reserved, we will provide overflow sites...
- Cancelation Policy: Cancelations must be made more than 14 days prior to the reservation date for a full refund. Any cancelations made inside the 14 days are subject to no refund, at our discretion.
- We are improving and updating many of the sites that can accommodate larger groups... there will be fire rings and tables for all additional sites.
- Senior Pass Card --- We do not honor these cards any longer, We never should have been accepting them... We are not nor never have been a state or federally funded campground.
- Prepaid reservations made 7 days prior to arrival, have guarantee that this site is available to them, Drop ins are on a first come first serve basis, and may be asked to move if they have set up camp in a "reserved" site. Reservation signs are posted from 3 - 7 days prior to reservation arrival dates.
- All Pets must be kept on a leash and clean up after your pets.
- Speed Limit is 5 MPH through the campgrounds. All motorized vehicles must be parked by 10 PM.
- No livestock allowed in campground or parks
- Moor all boats at least 50 feet from dock areas.
- You May not block any public entry on roads or trails, inside of all campsites and out.... there must be enough room for emergency vehicles to access all camp areas and there are public access areas around the reservoir, do not park near docks, launch's, etc... and then leave and go out on water, if needed your vehicle will be towed at your expense... there are many free parking areas to leave your rigs/trailers as to not block campsites and/or access areas ( gazebo park, the parking lot across from the office)
- Extinguish your fire before leaving and PACK OUT all your garbage.
- PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT If you leave garbage on your site after your departure, you will be charged for clean up.
- Your children are your responsibility
- Law enforcement will be called in after two warnings.
- Quiet Time is 10 pm to 7 am.
- Check out time is 2 PM
- Check in time is 4 pm
Elk River Recreation District
PO Box 82
Elk River, Idaho