Elk River Recreation District Campgrounds are all located on IDFG managed land.....
LEWISTON, ID - Due to the current fire risk condition in Northern Idaho, the Idaho Department of Fish and Game is imposing enhanced Stage II fire restrictions on IDFG-managed lands across the Clearwater Region, effective immediately.
Until further notice, the following restrictions apply on all Wildlife Management Areas, Lakes and Reservoirs, and fishing access areas owned or managed by IDFG across Latah, Clearwater, Nez Perce, Lewis, and Idaho.
- No building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire.
- No use of cook stoves or other similar appliances except those fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuel (propane or butane) and within an enclosed camper or tent.
- No use of chainsaws or other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine for felling, bucking, skidding, processing, road building and woodcutting during industrial or fire wood gathering.
- No blasting, welding, or other activities that generate a flame or flammable material.
- No target shooting.
- No smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- No driving off road.
Note: All use of power tools such as chainsaws, welders, etc. is prohibited.
Exemption: Any federal, state, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Violation of the prohibited acts is punishable by fine of up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months (Idaho Code 36.105; IDAPA 13.01.03.100.01).
ALSO EFFECTIVE JULY 15, 2015 POTLATCH CORP WILL BE CLOSING ALL OF ITS
CONVENIENT -FAST - EASY- PREPAID ONLINE RESERVATIONS
You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account to use this system, when you get to the how you will pay section the only selection is paypal, when you go to the next screen it will ask you if you have a paypal account or if you want to pay without setting up an account. You are able to pay with your Credit or Debit Card and Reservations can be made simply by clicking on the link below and following the instructions... If you need assistance please email us email@example.com
season is normally may to nov any year... however if you can camp, you must pay.......
Drop In Reservations are always welcome and will be taken on a first come, first serve basis - those who have prepaid Reservations have priority over Drop Ins - The reservation schedules are hung at each site, if there is a name with date, that means the site is reserved, drop ins must find one that is not reserved.....when making your online reservation, they must be made at least 7 days prior to arrival to avoid "double - bookings"...
You can click on the campsite info page to check out all of our sites (this also tells you what size campers fit in what sites) and use the links from that page or If you already know what you want you can
Click the link below to make your reservations --
Our new office is located at 35133 Dent Bridge Road
Just in front of Whispering Pines RV Park and across from the old mill burner just out of Elk River heading towards Orofino -
Drop in Campers Check in Here -
There is a Drop box for your convenience as well as the camp host will be making rounds to collect -
We now offer "Movies in the Mountains" check the bulletin board at the office for dates, times, location and titles....
2015 camp rates are $15.00 + tax per night, per site, per camping vessel
if you can fit two or more campers in one site it is still $15.00 each + tax.......
Elk River is known for Year-round - "Family Fun in the BackCountry".....
- Elk River is the trailhead to Hundreds of miles of trails for hiking,cross country skiing, snowmobiling, atv-ing, mushroom & huckleberry picking, hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, resting & relaxing.
- Step Back in Time as you take in the most breathtaking views of the area.
- We have many free natural attractions and outdoor recreation opportunities to entertain you, your family and friends
- Visit Elk Creek Falls, The Giant Cedar Tree, Morris Cedar Grove, Elk River BackCountry Byway, and many community events.
- Fly - in on Elk River's Airstrip and spend the night.
- Our other local business' can accommodate your needs for food, fuel & spirits!
We look forward to seeing you in Elk River!!!!
Elk River Area Attractions
- The Giant Cedar Tree
- Elk Creek Falls
- Morris Cedar Grove
- Elk River BackCountry Byway
- City Park
- Gazebo Park
- Elk Creek Reservoir
- Grandad Bridge
- Dent Bridge
- Click on our Upcoming events link in the left column or you can visit http://www.elkriverlodge.net for all local event listings
General Camp Rules
- These rates are for a "family" setting. Which would be one camper and perhaps a tent for the kids..
- We keep our rates low to accommodate a family setting.. If you wish to add more campers, tents, etc... we can accommodate this, however, you may not put, for example, four couples, families, etc on one site for the low rate, even if there is enough room....so you will be charged for any additional rigs,campers, tents. The Camp Hosts will collect these fees when they do their rounds.
- One camper Or One tent are allowed in each site ( kids tent will be at the discretion of the camp hosts. Additional campers or tents will be charged an additional $15 per night per site.
- If you are wanting to book several sites in one area, you will have to book them individually. (click on each site) and check out.
- Reservation Policy: Please book online reservations at least 5 days prior to arrival.
- Cancelation Policy: Cancelations must be made more than 14 days prior to the reservation date for a full refund. Any cancelations made inside the 14 days are subject to no refund, at our discretion.
- We are improving and updating many of the sites that can accommodate larger groups... there will be fire rings and tables for all additional sites.
- Senior Pass Card --- We do not honor these cards any longer, We never should have been accepting them... We are not nor never have been a state or federally funded campground.
- Prepaid reservations made 5 days prior to arrival, have guarantee that this site is available to them, Drop ins are on a first come first serve basis, and may be asked to move if they have set up camp in a "reserved" site. Reservation signs are posted from 3 - 7 days prior to reservation arrival dates.
- All Pets must be kept on a leash and clean up after your pets.
- Speed Limit is 5 MPH through the campgrounds. All motorized vehicles must be parked by 10 PM.
- No livestock allowed in campground or parks
- Moor all boats at least 50 feet from dock areas.
- Extinguish your fire before leaving and PACK OUT all your garbage.
- PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT If you leave garbage on your site after your departure, you will be charged for clean up.
- Your children are your responsibility
- Law enforcement will be called in after two warnings.
- Quiet Time is 10 pm to 7 am.
- Check out time is 2 PM
- Check in time is 4 pm
Elk River Recreation District
PO Box 82
Elk River, Idaho